Monday, March 28, 2011

Love and Hate Relationships

I have a love and hate relationship with quite a few of my personality traits. What amplifies these relationships is that these traits are here for an eternity, they're not going ANYwhere no matter how many times I try to change. I've actually given up trying to change and will tell people who have issues with it, "You know me, or you say you do, you should know this is just how I am"
They are but aren't limited to:
  • being overly emotional
  • being overly sensitive
  • my inability to get (and stay) mad
  • being too nice to the undeserving
  • caring too much
  • treating people the way I want to be treated
  • having detailed and intimate dreams
Now, don't get me wrong, these are all WONDERFUL characteristics to have and I do love having them until I get overly emotional or too sensitive about something really petty or something NOBODY else would understand. Until I start hating how someone can hurt my feelings and within 24 hours I've forgiven them and gone back to loving them. Until people start taking advantage of my generosity, or when I can't STOP caring about someone who has obviously stopped caring about me. Being nice and treating people the right way when they treat me like crap. Having these dreams and not being able to act on them for whatever reason.

And then I go back to loving these traits when I see that people appreciate them.

It really is a never ending cycle.

So, in essence, I have a love/hate relationship with my personality. This is just who I am and though I don't like it at times, I've accepted that I will never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment