Friday, March 18, 2011

Weirdly Unique

Hello My Name Is: Weirdly Unique

People are always saying {{when describing themselves}} “I’m one of a kind”. Well, honestly, I’ve never said that about myself. However though, I’ve been told that (or something similar) about myself on numerous occasions. Most recently by a male friend of mine when discussing relationships.

I asked him to elaborate and he obliged. Since we were talking about relationships he gave me a list of things that he thinks makes me different from MOST girlfriends which, he said, in turn makes me weirdly unique.  I can’t remember all of them but I will list the ones I can recall.

·         The toilet seat dilemma- maybe I should thank my mama for making me a little sister to a boy and not a girl because I’m not bothered by the toilet seat being left up. My thinking is, if you want him to put the lid back down when he’s done, how come you (as a woman) don’t put it back UP once you’re done? {{TECHNICALLY, it’s fair.}} Or, how much of your time is REALLY spent putting the lid down so you can pee? I mean, it’s not like you’re NOT going to wash your hands when you’re done anyway. If you’re THAT bothered, pinch off some tissue to pull the lid down with or just hope you don’t fall in.

·         He says I release my anger in a healthy way. By healthy he means when I get frustrated I cry (true) and how that’s so much better than yelling, throwing things, etc.  

·       I’m EXTREMELY patient and very forgiving {{of most things}}-his words but they’re true
·         He said “well endowed, no explanation needed”. I laughed and said that I’m not the only well endowed woman in the world to which he said “well you’re uniquely well endowed”…Uhm, okay lol

·         He says because I have two best male friends who have had girlfriends it wouldn’t bother me if my boyfriend had a female best friend (or two).

·         I’m simple and low maintenance-  again, his words, they’re true too though

Another guy I’m no longer friends with said that even when I think I’m being mean I’m still being nice. It’s just not in my nature to be mean no matter how badly I might want to be.

My point is, the older I get, the more I realize that with a lot of things, I’m not like most people my age . Some people say that’s weird, some say that’s unique. I put the two together and came up with “weirdly unique” It’s my gift and my curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment