Sunday, June 12, 2011

Prayer

I’ve been told all my life that when you pray for something you have to have faith that God is going to work it out for you. Well, as a child I didn’t know that meant that the answer from God wouldn’t come within a week after me saying said prayer. Back then I also didn’t know that God’s answer wouldn’t always be what I wanted it to be. 


But I grew up and my faith got stronger.

I now know that God’s answer can be in the form of telling you “No” because He has something better in store for you, it can be in the form of you having to wait for what you asked for, etc. Having to wait doesn’t mean you just sit there waiting on the day God answers your prayer. God making you “wait” is really Him preparing you for what you asked for. 


He’s preparing me now for something I asked for.


True story


I asked God for something I thought I wanted so badly. I prayed and prayed for this thing not realizing that God was telling me “no” in ways other than Him just flat out saying “No, Ashley, this isn’t for you”. His “No” meant he had something better for me (and He did). He was also preparing me to be ready for that “something better”. 


And for that I’m SO thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment