Thursday, June 9, 2011

Weight Loss (for me)

I realize that I'm the type that can eat a lot  and not gain weight. 
However, that doesn't give me the right to continue to abuse this trait. I reluctantly agreed that this "eat whatever I want and not gain weight" thing may not last once I either enter my 30s or give birth

I am more than fairly small for my age, hell my almost 12yo nephew weighs more than I do. but at the same time I'm not in the best shape and I could stand to be healthier. being thin/small does NOT equal healthy or in shape.

So, I came up with a plan of sorts. 

I no longer eat after 6:30pm unless I'm out somewhere and even then it's something light. When I'm home which is almost all the time, if I get hungry at night I eat either some fruit or pop a bowl of popcorn. I also walk the back part of my neighborhood in the evenings.

it's not much but it's better than what I was doing a month ago which was no matter what time it was if I was hungry I ate whatever I wanted.


With this new plan came rapid and unexpected weight loss. and when I say rapid I mean so fast I actually had to stop with the neighborhood walks b/c the pounds were dropping way too fast















see? and that picture was taken about 2 weeks ago. I have since picked up my walking and 3lbs! But just as quickly as those 3lbs came, they left again. :0(

I've also noticed that some of my clothes have gotten a bit too big now. I have 3 or 4 pairs of jeans that used to fit just right around the waist but now, the smallest thing being put in my back pocket (i.e. my cell phone, keys) makes them fall down. and my pj's are starting to fall off my hips too. you may laugh (and I did too at first) but it's kind of sad when you think about it. 


I did NOT plan on this happening, like I don't pride myself on being under 100lbs. Actually the weight range that makes me comfortable is between 103lbs and 106lbs.

I'd like to think I'm in better shape. and with changing my eating times I've slightly altered WHAT I eat.  I eat more salads and I'm SLOWLY getting away from burgers. Don't worry though, my love for french fries isn't going anywhere.  I was never really a junk food/sweets person but I will have the occasional brownie or cupcake. I've unconsciously stopped eating fish and I'm not even sure why that is, I just stopped. I also eat even more fruit than I used to. 

I have always said that diets aren't for everybody (and neither are gym memberships) and that people could possibly lose weight with their own plans if they're serious about it and keep at it.


It works for me (a little too well actually) so I think that someone making and keeping with their own weight loss plan could work for them too





 

No comments:

Post a Comment